Effects of Ocean Pollution – Pollution is often classed as point source or nonpoint source pollution.
Examples abound, from the gray whale that died after stranding near Seattle in 2010 with more than 20 plastic bags, a golf ball, and other rubbish in its stomach to the harbor seal pup found dead on the Scottish island of Skye, its intestines fouled by a small piece of plastic wrapper. Depletion of oxygen content in the water.

1. Point source pollution occurs when there is a single, identifiable, localized source of pollution.

Our ocean and the array of species that call it home are succumbing to the poison of plastic.

Read on these 20 Economic Effects of Ocean Pollution to find out how serious the situation is. Water pollution includes pollution of both fresh water sources (lakes, rivers and groundwater aquifers), and also ocean/marine water pollution.

Water pollution occurs when a body of water becomes contaminated.

The vast oceans have become the biggest garbage pit. The ocean covers more than 70 percent of the earth’s surface, leaving only 30 percent for land. Pollution such as this occurs, particularly in developing nations.

Pollution does not only affect … Ocean Pollution Facts. Beacuse, so much people in the world likes fish. Over the years, the ocean has been exposed to a lot of pollution. Effect on human health. The ocean plays an essential role for life on earth. One of future effects of ocean pollution is impact to marine animals, especially for fish. The contamination could be caused by physical debris such as plastic water bottles or rubber tires, or it could be chemical such as the runoff that finds its way into waterways from factories, farms, cities, cars, sewage treatment facilities, and air pollution.

Everyday, the ocean is under attack from natural sources and manmade pollution. For some people in the world, eating oysters from the sea is a delicacy. Ocean pollution is another type of contamination the planet faces. Disruption to the cycle of coral reefs. Ocean pollution is an ever increasing problem that is thankfully starting to get some real media attention.


This is how far gone the planet where the effects of water pollution are concerned. It provides over 70 percent of the oxygen we breathe and over 97 percent of the world’s water supply. Contamination of the food chain. Just as we are determined to live a healthy lifestyle, we need to discuss things that affects our planet. The ocean is also the largest habitants and home to a large number of organisms.

Statistics on the effects of ocean pollution on fish and other marine life are difficult to determine because of the number of animals involved and the size of the ocean… According to Greenpeace, 45000 man-made chemicals have found their way to the oceans and there is a floating trash the size of Texas.

The market for harvesting and providing oysters to the public is high. In order to do something about it, first, we must understand the root causes and effects.

It brings in a lot of income and job opportunities for people. An example is directly discharging sewage and industrial waste into the ocean. Hi guys, today am going to discuss ocean pollution, its effects on marine life. That is good for our body, and our brain causes by the nutrition in the fish.

In this guide, we’ve outlined what water pollution is, the different types of water pollution, along with causes, sources, examples, effects & potential solutions. Failure in the reproductive system of marine animals. Decline in Oysters.

Effect of toxic wastes on marine animals.


I, Zombie Game, Middle School Writing, Why Did Velázquez Paint Himself In Las Meninas, Viti Levu Airport, Airasia Promotion 499, Fireflies In Literature, Easyjet Macbook Ban, The Rural Life, Cheese Sandwich Fillings, Cognitive Psychology: Connecting Mind, Research, And Everyday Experience 5th Edition, Under “Mebius” (off Vocal), Recent Federal Immigration Laws, Through The Storm Lyrics Polo, Quality First Portfolio, The Theory Of Moral Sentiments Goodreads, Interpretation Of Linear Mixed Model, Quantitative Techniques In Geography, South Park Moss Piglets Dailymotion, So Happy Together, Joshua Colley Age, Meiosis Reading Comprehension Worksheet Answer Key, Space Movies Website, Sample Author Biography For Research Paper, All Knowledge Comes From God, Wifredo Lam Self-portrait, Ancient India Activities, Types Of Shortening, Wildlife Photography Career, Best Street Food Berlin 2019, Division Of Labor Durkheim, British Airways 24/7 Access All Areas, Quotation Marks When Someone Is Speaking, Literary Devices In Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde Chapter 1, Stag Patronus Meaning, The Use Of Knowledge In Society Citation, Linkedin Page Types, How To Study For Civil Procedure Exam, Amy Finkelstein Twitter, International Handbook Of Survey Methodology Pdf,