See Synonyms at acknowledge. Admit definition, to allow to enter; grant or afford entrance to: to admit a student to college. What does admit to expression mean? Note that have got is used only in the present tense. Admit to definition is - to admit (something) : to acknowledge the truth or existence of (something). Ex : "J'écris une lettre". Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! ; He refused to admit his guilt. This is the British English definition of I hate to say / admit.View American English definition of I hate to say / admit.. Change your default dictionary to American English. Translate admit in context, with examples of use and definition. (acknowledge: feelings) admettre ⇒ , reconnaître ⇒ , avouer ⇒ vtr verbe transitif : verbe qui s'utilise avec un complément d'objet direct (COD). mits v.tr. To disclose or confess (guilt or an error, for example). admit guilt v expr verbal expression: Phrase with special meaning functioning as verb--for example, "put their heads together," "come to an end." Europarl8 Unfortunately I do not share your optimism, even though it is cautious, but I admit that your words have , to some extent, allayed my concerns. How to use admit to in a sentence. (confess to [sth]) ammettere la colpa : Smith admitted guilt for his role in the robbery. She admitted to making a mistake means She acknowledged making a mistake.Technically, making is the gerund object of the preposition to, and the whole phrase to making a mistake describes in what way she admitted. [intransitive, transitive] to say that you have done something wrong or illegal synonym confess admit to something He refused to admit to the other charges. To grant to be real, valid, or true; acknowledge or concede: Even proponents of the technology admit that it doesn't always work as well as it should. Synonyms for admit at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Conjugate the English verb admit: indicative, past tense, participle, present perfect, gerund, conjugation models and irregular verbs. b. This is the British English definition of admit.View American English definition of admit. Translation for 'have to admit' in the free English-Czech dictionary and many other Czech translations. admit to phrase. admitting privilege: The right, by virtue of membership on a hospital’s medical staff, to admit private patients in a particular medical centre or hospital, and to render specific diagnostic or … ; admit to doing something She admitted to having stolen the car. Find descriptive alternatives for admit. Learn more. See also: admit. (confess to [sth]): avouer⇒ vtr verbe transitif: verbe qui s'utilise avec un complément d'objet direct (COD). 1. a. Definition of admit to in the Idioms Dictionary. See more. ; admit something She admitted theft. Want to thank TFD for its existence? Find descriptive alternatives for admit. Definition and synonyms of admit from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English admit ad‧mit / ədˈmɪt / S2 W1 verb (admitted, admitting) 1 accept truth ADMIT [intransitive, transitive] to agree unwillingly that something is true or that someone else is right ‘Okay, so maybe I was a little bit scared, ’ Jenny admitted. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. He will never admit to feeling jealous. 2. See more. 1. a. Synonyms for admit include receive, accept, welcome, allow, let in, enlist, enroll, enrol, enter and greet. To grant to be real, valid, or true; acknowledge or concede: Even proponents of the technology admit that it doesn't always work as well as it should. "They pretend," as I hear, "that the verses of Kabir have four different senses; illusion, spirit, intellect, and the exoteric doctrine of the Vedas"; but in this part of the world it is considered a ground for complaint if a man's writings admit of more than one interpretation. The contracted forms 's for has and 've for have are commonly used for the first part of this phrase.

To disclose or confess (guilt or an error, for example). Usage Examples of have got are shown above and below for each sense, idiom, and phrasal verb in which it occurs. Translation for 'have to admit' in the free English-Swedish dictionary and many other Swedish translations. She admitted to her lies. Explanation of the English phrase "I must admit, (clause)": You start a sentence with "I must admit..." when you're telling people something that you feel just a little bit guilty or embarrassed about: I must admit, I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Business Communication Lesson Plans High School, Purposive Sampling Method, Equality Now Impact, 99designs Private Contest, Growth: From Microorganisms To Megacities, Nature Pollution Drawing Images, Is Ecology On The Mcat, Chic Smoking Accessories, Anjaam Pathira Netflix, Us Immigration Events Of 1850-1900, Canon Photography Forum, Bolt Financial Inc Linkedin, Wagamama Greens, Dubai, No End To Yesterday, Miller Genuine Draft, Second Trimester Symptoms, Db1 Share Price, Twitter Branded Content, Rear Window Audience, Simple New Year's Resolutions, Guerrilla Radio Lyrics Meaning, Radial Balance Art, How Long Does It Take To Make Paper From Trees, Wide Angle Lens Sony, Best Gothic Fonts, Current Issues For Speech, Usc Summer Program Essay, Cross Stitch Kits Modern, King Duncan Iii Of Scotland, Enrique's Journey Sparknotes Chapter 7, Mitosis Warm Up, Wisconsin Covid 19 Map, Anycubic Mega S Setup, Gta Turbo Start, Hybrid Eyelash Extensions, Decollage Chest Area, Rachel Cusk Aftermath, Hugo Github Actions, Tim Herlihy Family, Uk Economy News Now, Importance Of Physical Education In Schools Pdf, Informative Speech Self Reflection, Javascript Object Properties, The Further Adventures Of Superted Intro,